1.10.2011

Touched by Blessed Frances

I am a nurse and a Secular Franciscan and feel the precious presence of Blessed Frances Schervier in my life. I came to know Blessed Frances by visiting web sites of Franciscan congregations.


Your site is beautiful, well developed, clear and objective. I am enchanted by reading your publications – Voices, Remembering Sacred Lives and the new Blessed Frances Site. What is most fascinating is your charism of recognizing Christ in the poor to heal His wounds in them. This touches me deeply.


While on a retreat related to the St. Damiano Crucifix. the words “Do you not see, Francis?” pierced my heart. After prayer and silence, the gaze of the Crucified invited me to behold people with evermore compassion and to understand their stories and limitations. This inflamed my heart. I knew that I needed to rebuild my own life, since I experienced stress and health issues last year. I needed first to heal myself, as my spiritual director had suggested.


Through the Internet, I was touched by Blessed Frances’ words: “In the poor and the suffering I saw and loved the Lord…” and the words of St. Francis: “When you see a poor or an ill person, you are gazing at the mirror of the Lord.” I started praying the Blessed Frances Novena, Litany, and Prayer for her Canonization. Since then, all my laboratory exams have shown improvement. I also kept praying that Blessed Frances would intercede for the sick and the needy.


Then my nine-month old niece had an acute case of bronchitis and was hospitalized for only three days! This fills me with joy, hope and thanksgiving. The journey may be difficult, yet the Crucified asks us: “Repair my Church!” Now I know that it is the Lord himself who asks me, who brings me the help from St. Francis and our Blessed Frances, as their gaze converges toward the same point: seeing Jesus in the poor and the sick to heal this wounded world!


Due to the geographical distance I cannot be with you nor participate in the activities of your lay Associates. However, I express my spiritual union in your marvelous charism!
I want to make Blessed Frances known where I live. Her dedication to healing people, especially the poor and the suffering, may bring healing to the many realities where I live in Brazil. I ask your help since so that this immense love, this healing power given by the Lord to Blessed Frances Schervier will attract more people, as it happened to me!
To show my gratitude, I will pray and spread the word about Blessed Frances’ life, especially among the many that need healing. I am certain that she will intercede for them to the Lord. I thank you!

To comment share your story . . . Click on Comments (below) to tell us your story or comment.

No comments: